Tuesday 15 March 2016

This is your roving reporter signing in

TYPEWRITER - MAKE DO AND MEND
This is your roving reporter signing in from 
Stockport Vintage Village
CRIMPLENE DRESS - KINKY MELONS RETRO BOUTIQUE
 I was asked to be the curator of this months collection of great finds
at the vintage market.  No pressure then !  You can see what I found in the link
HAT BY MARY JONES VINTAGE
The pictures here are the things I didn't fit into my write up..
Like this 1950's hat reportedly worn at a Miss Universe Pageant
I could'nt leave this leather writing case behind. Look at the tiny address book.
You'll be seeing the case being used as display piece for one of my textile/mixed media pieces.
Jumper from dear friends Vix & Jon at Kinky Melons Retro Boutique
Skirt made from a curtain 
Tricel cardi, charity shop find £2
English pottery milk jug came from friends Pat & Matthew of a Vintage Affair
for £5.  I'm going to use it for flowers as its quite big.
Who could resist this wooden coathanger for 50p.
Not me, I'm going to use it to display a textile piece.
It would have been rude to leave behind this Linzi 70's crimplene style dress and coat, especially when it has been brought to the fair for you.    You know its the genuine thing when the size is far larger than you would buy in the shops today.  This one is a size 20, when in fact I'm a size 14.
It's like having my own personal shopper in Vix as she knows my style so well.
It was a really good day out.  The sun shone and while we sat outside having coffee and cake, listening to great music, the Lambretta scooter riders turned up so we had a chat with them.
It's escapiscm from the cut and thrust of daily life for a few hours. No one grumbles or puts the world to rights. It's happy faces all round and a great bit of banter.
Roll on April 10th when we can do it all again (except for my roving reporter bit)

COLLAR BOX. TIN. KEYRING GROOMING KIT. PHOTO ALBUM. SEWING MACHINE BOOKLET
Some lovely miniatures came from Emily Rose Vintage.
along with the clergy collar box.  The whole lot, including the writing case cost me £15.
Less than fish, chips n mushy peas twice at the chippy.







4 comments:

  1. I was on my way out when your Finds of the Fair popped up on Facebook and I'm dying to have a look! I bet it's a cracking read.
    How fab are your purchases? That jumper looks fantastic and the suit, jacket and dress were all cracking on your banging bod.
    Love the little writing case and that coathanger. I need to raid the cupboard of doom to see if we've got any lurking! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cupboard of Doom- love it !!

      I've got the Wardrobe of Wonders haha

      Delete
  2. Looks like you both had another great day. I had a writing case like that in the 60s. I wonder what happened to it. It's probably on a stall at a vintage fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your roving reporter report Lynn. You found some top treasures there. It sounds like a consistently good day out with some good traders. If it were closer, I'd definitely pop over. You did well with all your purchases too. From what I've seen of you and the way you dress, that Linzi dress and jacket is absolutely perfect. She's a clever one, that Vix. I love the writing case. I had one which had belonged to my dad, but it got stolen when I got burgled donkeys years ago. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS