Monday 6 August 2012

Bunting, Doodly Birds & Browsholme

Here is the first outing for the new Team DB bunting and what a fitting place for it to be.  We were at Browsholme Hall, Clitheroe, Lancs., at the 
Bowland Farmers Market & Craft Fair. 


 It was lovely to meet 18 year old entrepeneur Charlie Bolton again. Charlie was late setting up as he had been working at the hall until 2am at a wedding.  It is a beautiful venue for a celebration.


 And here is his stall all ready for the day ahead. Full of gorgeous handmade bath & body products that Charlie makes himself in his mum's utility room.  
You can buy from him online at www.CraftsbyCharlie.Etsy.com

HANDMADE BATH & BODY PRODUCTS
Don't forget to go to the second of his LET'S GET CRAFTY events on the 18th August  at the Village Hall in Whalley where you will see a wide variety of crafts and be able to enjoy a cuppa and some homemade cake.  Admission is free. 
 Anyone wanting a stall contact Charlie on 07837641504 or his Facebook page


I also met up again with Cate owner of Catkin Jane handmade material things.
I always want to buy every solitary thing on Cate's stall it is so tempting.


Look at this fantastic cake by Champagne Cakes.  All their cakes are home baked using the finest quality local ingredients.
Blog friends Jo of www.jozartdesigns.blogspot.co.uk and Carol of www.carolcsstuff.blogspot.co.uk dropped by to see me, it was so exciting.  Jo brought me a little present she had made herself. (I will show it you on Wednesday on WOYWW posting) and Carol said that she can make me some acrylic stamps using my Doodly Bird designs.  Its something I've been thinking of doing for a while and I will be able to sell them in my webshop and at fairs.
  Have a look on Jo's blog she has got some great pictures of Browsholme Hall.

I really enjoyed my first time at Browsholme and have booked in again for the next event on Sunday 2nd September.  Thank you to Liz and Rebecca for making me welcome and to all the lovely traders who took time to come over and say hello.  I will write about them next time.
But I must just say that there was a fabulous Indian vegetarian stall on the other side of me and what lovely young men they were, bringing me cups of tea and making sure I was okay.  Think I will be taking some of their curries home with me in September.


Hope to see you there.


8 comments:

  1. Thank you once again Lynn, lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stall looks fabulous and nice of the girls to visit. What a clever young man that Charlie is. Glad you had a great time, hope you sold heaps.
    Von.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lynn, it was great to have the Doodly Birds at Browsholme :)
    and do try those curries - delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your display looks wonderful and how lovely to meet up with blogging friends.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased you enjoyed Browsholme. It is a gorgeous venue!and you looked right at home!
    Tracy xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great event - I love your bunting! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you all had a great time Lynn, and glad to hear you'll be venturing out again soon to yet another fair - such lucky people to have wonderful goodies on offer so often.
    Freshly made, home-made curries, mm,mm,mmmm and that cake is soo cleverly done. I would have an empty purse for sure, haha :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't we have a luvverly time the day we went to Browsholme!!?! Yes! we really did and the best bit was meeting up with you. Hope we see you again and that we CAN get together for the screen printing soon.
    Lots of love Jo x

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS